Yoichi Ochiai and Keisuke Toyoshima from Tsukuba University developed a car with facial expression – convey your driving intentions and emotions over the car, to communicate with other drivers and around.
Humans and vehicles can be unified as one unit by Homunculus.
It is based on a new concept of interactions between humans and vehicles. It
promotes and augments non-verbal communicability humans in vehicles.
Your head’s move makes the car’s “eyes” move,
Your hands sign will be projected on the road ahead,
Your arms feel objects approaching for the car from the side,
The research is a subsequent project of their Indicatable Road: Mixed Reality Navigation System, which projects your intention on road by special head-lights.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan and Family-mart Gives 50K Free Coffee For Search - February 16, 2016
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015
- Lost articles - October 15, 2015