A first of its kind event is being held in San Francisco featuring Japanese Entrepreneurs on October 13, 2010. This event named SFNewTech Japan Night is the vision of Brandon K. Hill, President/CEO of btrax, Inc – a San Francisco based digital consultancy agency. “I wanted to help Japanese Entrepreneurs extend their market outside of Japan and broaden their market reach. It is important for Japanese companies to have this kind of forum here in the US. I have attended many SFNewTech events and decided to approach the organizers to collaborate on this event. I am very happy to help partner with SFNewTech on this event” said Brandon K. Hill.
About six or so Internet venture companies from Japan will be presenting and discussing their web/mobile services or hardware in front of over 500 people. Which include venture capitalists, investors, entrepreneurs and tech enthusiasts. The following Japanese startups will be presenting at the event:
- MyGengo (Social Translation Service)
- SpySee (People Search Service)
- GazoPa (Image Search Engine)
- Drrop (Open SNS Platform)
- Lang-8 (Social Language Translation Platform)
- Yubizo (iPhone / iPad development Platform)
This event will be broadcasted live by justin.tv, and updated in real-time from the audience by tweeting out messages from the event using the hash tag #sfjn or #sfnewtech. Media coverage includes NY Times and Mashable.
btrax is looking for sponsors to help these entrepreneurs offset some of their costs. If you are willing to sponsor please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SFNewTech Japan Night is going to be a great chance for Japanese companies that want to expand their business abroad, to gain the necessary visibility in our local tech community. Why don’t you mark your calendar and join us?
Send inquires to email@example.com
Latest posts by Shunichi Arai (see all)
- Event Report: San Francisco Japanese Tech Entrepreneur Night - November 18, 2010
- Asiajin Seoul meet up on October 16th - October 3, 2010
- Japan Internet Tech Entrepreneur Event In San Francisco - September 7, 2010
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup - August 16, 2010
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th - July 20, 2010