Sandwich chain-store Subway Japan [J] opened a new shop “Subway Yasai(=vegetable) Lab Maru Building Store” at very central Tokyo, in Marunouchi Building which locates just in front of Tokyo station. What makes the shop so unique is that there is a vegetable factory set inside the shop and it provides fresh lettuces for sandwich.
Pesticide-free lettuces are cultivated hydroponically at the “factory” placed at the centre of the store. 20 lettuces per week can be harvested, which unfortunately provides maximum only 5% of consumed amount, and costs doubly than regular lettuces you can purchase. But all vegetables brought in are also agrochemical free and the president of Subway Japan said [J] that they are trying to demonstrate their consciousness of food safety.
Subway Japan official Twitter account @subwayjp [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Concentration by Font Cards - September 29, 2014
- Photo Tweet A Minute Before Today’s Volcano Eruption Worried - September 27, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan To Move Its Office From Roppongi To Kioi-cho - June 19, 2014
- Toshiba to Sell First Japanese Chromebook Next Month, Sankei Says - March 8, 2014
- Mixi To Replace CEO President After One Year - February 13, 2014