Sandwich chain-store Subway Japan [J] opened a new shop “Subway Yasai(=vegetable) Lab Maru Building Store” at very central Tokyo, in Marunouchi Building which locates just in front of Tokyo station. What makes the shop so unique is that there is a vegetable factory set inside the shop and it provides fresh lettuces for sandwich.
Pesticide-free lettuces are cultivated hydroponically at the “factory” placed at the centre of the store. 20 lettuces per week can be harvested, which unfortunately provides maximum only 5% of consumed amount, and costs doubly than regular lettuces you can purchase. But all vegetables brought in are also agrochemical free and the president of Subway Japan said [J] that they are trying to demonstrate their consciousness of food safety.
Subway Japan official Twitter account @subwayjp [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015
- Lost articles - October 15, 2015
- Rakuten Purchases The Name Of Miyagi Baseball Stadium For Kobo - December 14, 2013
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013