The official KDK has been available for limited beta developers since February. Klab release said that they could not wait approval so that they built the emulator from Amazon’s specification documents.
Currently, not all Java interfaces are supported, but two main classes which are needed to realize key input and screen rendering are implemented.
As testbeds, two popular games – Tetris and Load Runner – are made on it. Tetris’s source code is also provided.
With the KDK clone, you may develop Kindle application before you can access official KDK. Although KLab does not mention it, Kindle applications may be able to run on this emulator (in your Java SE 6 on PC).
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Aichi Police Raids Amazon Japan over Child-porn Sales - January 24, 2015
- Japanese Office Prank – Zaku II from Gundam Outside - January 16, 2015
- Mixi Adds The Second Account, Gives Users Another Face - January 14, 2015
- Jerry Yang’s 1999 Order Thanked By Japanese Auction Dominator Yahuoku - January 10, 2015
- Amazon Train running through Tokyo - December 10, 2014