According to Asahi Shimbun [J], NHK, nation’s public broadcasting organization, announced that this year’s most Internet-buzzed singer Susan Boyle will appear in Kohaku Utagassen [J], Japan’s most popular TV program which once 80% of Japanese, still 40% watches on new year’s eve [J].
[Update 2010-01-01] NHK put the recorded program on their paid web site “NHK On-Demand”, but only Susan Boyle part is excluded as they could not get permission from her.
But as the program is “the nation’s favourite”, it should be viewed couple of million people and not possible to stop it spread. You can just search and find it on several online video services.
Comparing Susan Boyle, Exile (Japanese pop unit) and Jero (the first African American enka singer in Japan, who made Kohaku appearance last year) on Google Trends
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM