This is slightly off-topic but cool. There are hundreds of language schools in Tokyo, but the Idol Foreign Language Academy, which will open its doors very soon, is certainly unique. The concept of the school is based on having Japanese idols, young and cute girls who are famous to some extent (I am paraphrasing), teach you languages.
The academy will hold its opening party tomorrow in Otaku- and geek heaven Akihabara (where else) starting 7pm. Japanese idols Minami Yoshida [JP, pictured] and Hinata Ise [JP] will be there in the flesh.
And besides throwing parties every Monday, you can really learn English and Japanese at the academy (from idols), meaning the school is a serious brick-and-mortar institution.
No virtual lessons have been announced yet, which means bad news if you’re an Otaku not living in Tokyo.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012