Avex Marketing, a Japanese music company in Avex Group, released world’s first music/video package sold on microSD memory card.
“micro REBOOT Ichi(one)” by a group THE REBOOT is also on sale on their website [J] for 2,500 yen (about 25USD). It says that the music, video and lyrics PDF in the microSD can be viewed on most of recent cellphones by three major careers (NTT DoCoMo, KDDI au and Softbank Mobile) which have one-SEG TV. The list of about 140 supported cellphones is here.
THE REBOOT is explained as a 6 persons unit combining rock and old-school dance. This microSD is their début on major label.
If you order the memory card on the site, you will get it delivered only in few days. How convenient and I am almost forgetting it is 2009.
Avex is known as the first copy-controlled CD (CCCD) seller in Japan, back in 2002.
Press Release [J, pdf]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Rakuten Purchases The Name Of Miyagi Baseball Stadium For Kobo - December 14, 2013
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013
- Gree Proposes Voluntary Retirement To 11% Employees - October 2, 2013
- Mixi Renewed iPhone Messaging App With Stamp/Photo - October 1, 2013