Avex Marketing, a Japanese music company in Avex Group, released world’s first music/video package sold on microSD memory card.
“micro REBOOT Ichi(one)” by a group THE REBOOT is also on sale on their website [J] for 2,500 yen (about 25USD). It says that the music, video and lyrics PDF in the microSD can be viewed on most of recent cellphones by three major careers (NTT DoCoMo, KDDI au and Softbank Mobile) which have one-SEG TV. The list of about 140 supported cellphones is here.
THE REBOOT is explained as a 6 persons unit combining rock and old-school dance. This microSD is their début on major label.
If you order the memory card on the site, you will get it delivered only in few days. How convenient and I am almost forgetting it is 2009.
Avex is known as the first copy-controlled CD (CCCD) seller in Japan, back in 2002.
Press Release [J, pdf]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan Reportedly Ends The Tie With Kakao Japan - November 7, 2014
- Google Agreed To Remove 122 Items By Court Order - October 23, 2014