iPhone 3G provided by Softbank on coming 11th July will be the first iPhone in Japan. Since Jobs’ announcement, there are bunch of Japanese medias and blogs have been discussing if iPhone 3G is worth buying.
To clarify how iPhone and the latest Japanese cellphones spec are different, Asiajin called for comments on what functionalities they have/want/use, to potential Japanese iPhone buyers on Comparison Chart site Narabe. Here is the result,
|feature||iPhone 3G||All 2008 Cellphones||Some 2008 Cellphones|
|Camera over 5M pixels||✖||✔||✔|
|Official sites access||✖||✔||✔|
|Number of Native Apps||✔||✔||✔|
|PC site access||✔||✔||✔|
|Mobile Wallet(Osaifu Ketai)||✖||✔||✔|
|Data fixed rate||✔||✔||✔|
This was originally asked in Japanese on Japanese version Narabete. Then, I copied the result of votes to the English version.
I initially set “All” and “Some” but “All” can have rare exceptional case, for example special model phones for kids or eldery. Most of “Yes”/”No” look correct but as it is “by polling” so some could be inaccurate.
If you have any features you cannot understand what they mean, please ask by comment.
[Disclosure] Narabe is run by Akky AKIMOTO.
[Update 2008.09.17] Thanks for digging this up. There are no “iTunes” and “Safari” on Japanese cellular phones, but of course those counterparts exist so with all cariiers you can enjoy music/movie download purchase and PC viewable browsers (“Full Browser”).
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016