According to Mainichi, for new citizen judge system planning to be introduced in May 2009, Japanese supreme court developed guidance that what kind of jobs are excusable to decline jury duty summons.
The jobs list, having over 10 jobs and situations as initial draft, includes System Engineer (often said “SE”, a bit different from the original meaning. SE is now a Japanese IT industry parlance means senior software engineer) because “they need to be dispatched for emergency in information-system trouble”.
A bill for the citizen judge system states refusal of duty is only permitted when selected citizen are: over 70 years old, student, severely ill, in charge of caring relatives and minors living together, or attending causes brutal mental and/or economical loss.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016