Mobage town, a social network and gaming site for mobile phones, is now in deep crisis.
From December 10th, the Japanese government has requested mobiles phone companies to filter web content for minors. The filtering policy is very strict. It prohibits minors from accessing web sites in ‘communication’ criterion. ‘communication’ means all web sites with forum, chat, comment, or social network feature. So, Mobage falls into that criterion.
50% of Mobage users are minors. It will hurt DeNA, the operator of Mobage. Nomura securities, Japan’s leading stockbroker, downgraded DeNA’s rating. DeNA’s stock price fell 30 percent.
Nobuo Sakiyama, a social activist, criticized the fact that mobile phone companies are filtering web sites with gay and lesbian, political or religional topics.
See Also: (in English)
Latest posts by Shunichi Arai (see all)
- Event Report: San Francisco Japanese Tech Entrepreneur Night - November 18, 2010
- Asiajin Seoul meet up on October 16th - October 3, 2010
- Japan Internet Tech Entrepreneur Event In San Francisco - September 7, 2010
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup - August 16, 2010
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th - July 20, 2010