Mochio Umeda lives in the Bay Area but he is very influential in Japan. His best selling book, ‘Web Shinkaron’, was excitedly accepted by business people.
His word is straight-forward and impassioned. He describes what is Google, what is the Web 2.0, what is open source. Those things were not well understood by the Japanese older business populations.
Joi Ito is the best known Japanese visionary and blogger in the world but Umeda is a much more well-known visionary inside Japan.
Umeda is doing some consulting and also runs a VC firm. Umeda is a board member of the Japanese web startup ‘Hatena’.
Latest posts by Shunichi Arai (see all)
- Event Report: San Francisco Japanese Tech Entrepreneur Night - November 18, 2010
- Asiajin Seoul meet up on October 16th - October 3, 2010
- Japan Internet Tech Entrepreneur Event In San Francisco - September 7, 2010
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup - August 16, 2010
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th - July 20, 2010