DeNA, a Japanese web company runs a huge social gaming platform Mobage and mobile auction service Bidders, announced today that they had released a new messaging app/platform Comm.
It is a free call app by which you may call from/to 204 countries. The app also supports messaging with “stamps” and photo-sharing.
Different from Mobage, Comm is designed to be used by real name, according to the release.
[Update] English version of iPhone Comm now seems to be published. Exchanged the app link above from JP version to US.
At this point, US App Store does not show the English version of the Comm.
On this free call apps, Naver Japan’s LINE has been showing amazing growth in Japan and other Asian countries, Yahoo! Japan announced to set up a joint-venture with Korea’s Kakao-talk.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015
- Lost articles - October 15, 2015
- Rakuten Purchases The Name Of Miyagi Baseball Stadium For Kobo - December 14, 2013
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013