Yahoo! Japan, the largest and the most popular website in Japan, offers a new web browser for Android for free. The name is Yahoo! Browser.
It starts from a speed dial page like Opera,
Do Yahoo! Search on Yahoo! Browser,
The browser offers semicircular menu, which shows up when you touch the either side edge of screen. Yahoo! Japan says that it makes single hand operation easier, which is important for train commuters (which means majority of Japanese in urban area) who often can not use both hands on crowded trains.
Log-in status will be shared between the browser and Yahoo! Widgets for Android, which enables, for example, jump from a widget to Yahoo! pages on the browser without additional authentication.
The browser also has “Read it later” feature, voice recognition search and phishing-site detector. The supported Android versions are 2.x and above except 3.x.
The browser’s user-agent has “Mozilla”, “AppleWebKit”, “Mobile Safari” and “YJApp-ANDROID”, so it seems to be built on Android’s standard browser.
via Yahoo! Blog [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Amazon Train running through Tokyo - December 10, 2014
- Docomo Fries Shrimps In 3 Seconds To Show How Its LTE Is Fast - November 29, 2014
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014