Yahoo! Japan, the largest and the most popular website in Japan, offers a new web browser for Android for free. The name is Yahoo! Browser.
It starts from a speed dial page like Opera,
Do Yahoo! Search on Yahoo! Browser,
The browser offers semicircular menu, which shows up when you touch the either side edge of screen. Yahoo! Japan says that it makes single hand operation easier, which is important for train commuters (which means majority of Japanese in urban area) who often can not use both hands on crowded trains.
Log-in status will be shared between the browser and Yahoo! Widgets for Android, which enables, for example, jump from a widget to Yahoo! pages on the browser without additional authentication.
The browser also has “Read it later” feature, voice recognition search and phishing-site detector. The supported Android versions are 2.x and above except 3.x.
The browser’s user-agent has “Mozilla”, “AppleWebKit”, “Mobile Safari” and “YJApp-ANDROID”, so it seems to be built on Android’s standard browser.
via Yahoo! Blog [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan and Family-mart Gives 50K Free Coffee For Search - February 16, 2016
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015