Continued from (Part 2). Last part of July news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
Twitter as a fool detector
“Twitter, a fool detector” is a recent buzzword in Japan. It came from net-savvy’s dry humor by observing “normal” people tweeted socially unacceptable things and got bashed. But that also means how Twitter is widely used by non-techy.
- Univ. of Tokyo Warns Students To Be Careful On Twitter [pdf] instead of warning not to drink when driving – A student tweeted his DUI last week
- Hosei Student Tweeted About Drinking With Japan Women Soccer Gold Medalist, Her Critics To Manager – Hosei Univ. Apologizes On A Student Tweet On Drinking With Women Soccer Gold Medalist
- Nihon Univ Student Confesses Exam Cheating On Twitter
- Air Traffic Controllers Invited Their Twitter Followers To The Restricted Area
Pixiv was rumored to be developing international version, but is having troubles with current users.
- Pixiv Excuses Recent Troubles On Copyright, Leaked Privacy, Assused Unfair Moderation/Deletion
- Exodus Of Pixiv Refugees Rush Into Competitors
- Pixiv Trouble Comicalized (The Original Eventually Banned From Pixiv)
- Pixiv And Chaos Lounge Trouble Explained
- Nissen Runs Social Twitter Promotion Asking Users To Form Groups For Bargained Item via MyCom
- Yahoo! Loco Starts Campaign With Several Big Chainstores
- Online Video Service Zoome.jp To End On August 31
- Sony To Discontinue 8mm Video
- DeNA Introduces Anonymous Delivery Feature On Mobile Auction Service MobaOku
- Evernote Japan Developer Competition Winners Announced
- CyberAgent Ventures Opens Taiwan Office
- Recruit Generated Mass Facebook Pages For Hotel Booking Site Jalan.net with opt-out. same as restaurants info site Hotpepper issue run by the same Recruit
- KDDI User Now Can Buy Lottery On Cellphone – charged into cellphone bill
- Rakuten To Switch Its Infoseek Mail With Windows Live Based
- B’z Ustream Live From LA Passed 10,000 Viewers Even Before Beginning
Transparent Mask not to give unnecessary pressure to your customers
- Livedoor Holdings To Be Voted For Liquidation On Aug 5
- The Japanese Government-backed investor INCJ to invest in Miselu, a developer of Android-based social music instruments.
- Kyushu-based cosmetic manufacturer Saishukan releases a facebook app that allows you to author a message movie and send it to your friends.
- Hatsune Miku Company Launches Music Live Info Sharing Service Gigle
- Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Provides Playstation Games For Docomo i-mode Market
- Japan’s DeNA-backed IncubateFund to hold IncubateCamp 2nd on October 1st and 2nd.
- Google+ Japanese Most Circled User Ranking By UserLocal
- Tonchidot releases Smile Feaver, the iPhone app for making you more popular. Its facial emotion detection technology rates your smile, and encourages you improve it to give goodwill to the people around you. Demon video
- Multiple cinema operators to launch a common online ticketing service called “Mubichike (named after movie ticket)” next month.
- CyberAgent Ventures launches an office in Taipei.
- KDDI, Microsoft and Fujitsu/Toshiba streamcast their briefing on the brand new Windows Mobile phone. (starting at 9am SIN/HK, 10am Tokyo)
- Zima 100 Kiss Campaign With Boys
- Google and OK Go’s “All is Not Lost” Supports Japanese Katakana And Disaster Victims
- KDDI’s cellphone ad unit Mediba takes over rival Nobot for about JPY1.5B (Reuter) [En]
- Rakuten Buys German Tradoria [pdf] – Business Week [En]
- ADK Got A Government Job To Run Twitter And Blog Surveillance On Anti-Nuclear False Information. and ADK is working on blogger volunteer tour to Miyagi & media monitoring on nuclear power info on blogs and Twitter
- Japanese Android App FxCamera Passes 10 Million Downloads
- Fashion Photo Sharing Service Fukulog [En] On JapanPulse
- A Japanese Local City Government To Shut Down Its Website, Migrate To Facebook
- Gundam Navigation App For iOS Released By Bandai-Namco via Inside Games – The Mary Sue [En]
- Foodlog, food photo calorie counting service launches English version [En]
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Facebook Adds QR-Code to Add Friends via 2D Barcode for Japan - October 2, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan Mail Troubled – 3.8 Million Users Affected - October 2, 2014
- Amazon Japan Makes Larger Mailbox for their Parcels - October 1, 2014
- Concentration by Font Cards - September 29, 2014
- Photo Tweet A Minute Before Today’s Volcano Eruption Worried - September 27, 2014