AV Watch reports [J] that NHK(Japan Broadcasting Corporation) is going to broadcast its three radio channels, Radio1/2 and NHK FM, over the internet from September 1st.
Those simulcast channel will be listened on website on PC. For Smartphone(Android/iPhone), apps will be released after October 1st.
Some private radio stations have already been airing their program over the internet. The popular one is Radiko.jp, which started March 2010.
Radiko.jp has regional protection, so for example, you may not listen programs by radio stations in Tokyo from Osaka. NHK’s ones can be listened from anywhere in Japan, but not available from oversea.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM