Dentsu, Japanese advertising colossus, released a new Android client with D2 Communications and Bijutsu Shuppan Networks Co., Ltd.
The new client Decotter lets you tweet not only 140 characters text but also Deco Sozai(=decoration materials), colourful images and character letters.
FYI, those “deco moji” are not emoji, which is now part of Unicode.
With maximum 10 decorations, you may tweet up to 100 regular letters in a single tweet.
It’s only available for Docomo and KDDI au. Not for Softbank Mobile.
Same as their successful “deco” business on their mobile web (i-mode/ezWeb), it co-works with a paid decoration selling service, Deco Market, where people can purchase more decorations to make their tweets stand out.
Dentsu’s release [J, pdf]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Amazon Train running through Tokyo - December 10, 2014
- Docomo Fries Shrimps In 3 Seconds To Show How Its LTE Is Fast - November 29, 2014
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014