Dentsu, Japanese advertising colossus, released a new Android client with D2 Communications and Bijutsu Shuppan Networks Co., Ltd.
The new client Decotter lets you tweet not only 140 characters text but also Deco Sozai(=decoration materials), colourful images and character letters.
FYI, those “deco moji” are not emoji, which is now part of Unicode.
With maximum 10 decorations, you may tweet up to 100 regular letters in a single tweet.
It’s only available for Docomo and KDDI au. Not for Softbank Mobile.
Same as their successful “deco” business on their mobile web (i-mode/ezWeb), it co-works with a paid decoration selling service, Deco Market, where people can purchase more decorations to make their tweets stand out.
Dentsu’s release [J, pdf]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Yahoo! Japan To Move Its Office From Roppongi To Kioi-cho - June 19, 2014
- Toshiba to Sell First Japanese Chromebook Next Month, Sankei Says - March 8, 2014
- Mixi To Replace CEO President After One Year - February 13, 2014
- Japan Likely To Have The First Chromebook Acer C720 - January 20, 2014
- Un-breakout – Burokku-Kuzushi Game Reversed - January 20, 2014