“Yankee” in Japan does not mean North American – it refers to “bad boys” or “thugs”.
The name of the app (‘Konjoyaki’ – literally “Burn, with guts”) comes from a popular form of initiation among yakuza-wannabe high school students. In this game, if you can call it that, you prove your courage by burning yourself and your mates with hot cigarette butts.
Studio Moriken’s app is Konjoyaki minus the heat. You hold your fingers on the screen as long as possible on the screen, and the longer you press, the darker the ‘burn’ marks become.
via MacOtakara [J]
(proofread by Adam Walls)
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM