In case you didn’t know: Japan is the only country in the world that has a listed recipe site, Cookpad. After going IPO at the “Mothers” section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange last July, its current market cap stands at a staggering $370 million.
Over the weekend, the eponymous company behind the site reported [PDF] some other noteworthy numbers:
- sales doubled to $24.8 million year-on-year
- operating profit grew 2.6x to $11.7 million
- net income grew 2.4x to $6.2 million
- monthly unique visitors: 8.96 million (up 46.4%)
- monthly page views: 424 million (up 39.6%)
Last summer, Cookpad said it expects $18.5 million in revenues and $3.6 million net profit for the fiscal year, but now we know the actual numbers turned out to be much better.
We first blogged about Cookpad back in 2008.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012