Both NHN Japan and Livedoor confirmed NHN Japan’s purchase Livedoor from Livedoor Holdings.
NHN Japan and Livedoor’s press conference starts 6:05 p.m. Japan Standard Time, broadcast also on Ustream.
NHN Japan president Akira Morikawa(on your left) and Livedoor president Takeshi Idezawa.
Morikawa explained that NHN Japan group runs Hangame and Naver Japan in Japan. NHN Japan was asked to bid to purchase Livedoor last summer, in 2009. The price for all stocks handed over from Livedoor Holdings is 6.3 billion yen (67 million US dollars).
NHN Japan’s “Five promises to users”
He also showed 5 policies around Livedoor on this merge.
- Livedoor’s “company name”, “brand”, “services” and “organization” kept as are
- Current management policy will continue
- Board members will stay (some more sent by NHN)
- No lay off
- Supports for more growth of Livedoor portal
So, no immediate merger and restructuring with Naver Japan team are planned. They expect that Naver’s robot search and Livedoor’s blog portal and contents services enhance Naver’s Knowledge Platform.
Ustream live was watched about 2,000 users despite of very short, few hours notice.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016