The organizers managed to squeeze a total of 10 speeches into the 3 hour event. The conference was split into two parts:
I) Main presentations (between 20 and 40 minutes)
“inucura” came from Sapporo to join the JUI 2008. He explained a total of 7 web services to be accessed via his site. For example, inucura talked about his wallpaper search engine “Kabegami saachi” and Smoothtube, a Youtube video viewer. Both services are available in English – this is always welcome!
Recruit’s very own “iandeth” concluded the main part of the conference with a presentation named “Fuss-free Mashup Development with Recruit Web Service UI Library”. The aim here is to make life for Japanese engineers considerably easier by accessing Recruit’s self-developed UI library.
II) Lightning talks (5 minutes each)
Videos from the event (recorded by the kind people at Recruit Media Techonoloy Labs):
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012