Nikkei Shimbun wrote that twitter, Inc. (San Francisco, California) starts its Japanese localized version on 23rd (already today in Japan, JST = Japan Standard Time).
Digital Garage has been working on this localization. Japanese tweets (messages on twitter) are gaining about 20 % of all twitter users, and its interface are expected to be translated for expanding to regular internet users.
This Japanese version is said to have advertisement from beginning, hoping to be profitable. This advertisement method is planned to be exported back to original English version, as the news said.
twitter’s Japan domain, http://twitter.jp/ is still showing “not found” error page then redirected to English version. We will report when we found it on.
[Updated] we’ve found it.
via Nikkei Net
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Amazon Train running through Tokyo - December 10, 2014
- Docomo Fries Shrimps In 3 Seconds To Show How Its LTE Is Fast - November 29, 2014
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014