Kin-en-style (禁煙スタイル, smoke-free style) is a restaurant listing site which only lists smoke-free places.
Japan’s smoking regulation law is not as rigid as the USA or European countries. They can smoke at almost every bar, restaurant and cafe (except Starbucks). The Japanese smoking rate is 30.9%, a very large figure.
Not everyone is happy with the situation. Some anti-smoking protestants are fighting for smoke-free Shinkansen super express trains. Kin-en-style is a fighter from the web industry.
I bet Kinenstyle is not earning big money yet. But their listing has very much expanded and now it’s useful; useful alternative restaurant site of Japan. The owner of the site is unknown.
- Their English site (still empty)
Latest posts by Shunichi Arai (see all)
- Event Report: San Francisco Japanese Tech Entrepreneur Night - November 18, 2010
- Asiajin Seoul meet up on October 16th - October 3, 2010
- Japan Internet Tech Entrepreneur Event In San Francisco - September 7, 2010
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup - August 16, 2010
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th - July 20, 2010