This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Eye-Fi Invested By NTT Docomo [En], Docomo’s release
- 5,000 Yen Note Lunchbox
- Yahoo Japan To Assign New CEO, new CEO Manabu Miyasaka’s LinkedIn Profile, Nikkei, Masahiro Inoue CEO’s comments are funny. He confessed he did not use social networks and mobile gears.
- Tabelog Introduces Cellphone Authentication For More Reliable Restaurant Review – around this issue
- LINE is having connection issue in Japan now. the reason is not identified. – It works fine over WiFi. Both KDDI and Softbank answered they are not blocking the app. The next rumored cause was a cellphone contents-filtering service but still unclear.
- eMoney Train Ticket Pasmo Stops History Browsing Service, By Pointed Privacy Leak
- JPRS To Open 47 Prefectural Domains Under .jp – such like money.tokyo.jp, house.osaka.jp, etc.
- KDDI au Launches 500+ Android Apps Subscription Plan au Smart Pass via Cnet Japan
- Yahoo! Japan To Experiment NFC/FeliCa Smart Poster In Shibuya/Jiyugaoka With Tokyu And Toppan Forms
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.