Continued from (Part 2). Last part of September news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Mixi bought Naked Technology
- Wilcom’s New Frisk-size Cellphone. Their claiming “world smallest” seems the smallest among cellphone having 10-digit buttons. TechCrunch covered it [En]
- Naver Japan’s Mobile Messenger App “Line” Passes 1 Million Downloads, Including Middle East Countries
- Rakuten Acquires UK Play.com [En]
- Nikkei scoops KDDI would get the iPhone 5 – Although it was iPhone 4S, it was correct.
- Foreign Ministry To Invite 15 Infuluential Foreign Twitter/Facebook Users, Hope To Report Eastern Japan Is Safe And Fine. It’s not “stealth” but is that really a good idea?
- bookpic – Social e-Book Communication Platform (in English and Japanese)
- Nico Nico Douga To Air A New Animation With 8 Subbed Languages [En] For Free For One Week
- TV Tokyo’s Pikachu TV Controller – made as a prize. The button for channel 7 (TV Tokyo) is bigger than else, tells “Pikachu” when you press.
- Facebook F8 Tokyo On Oct 10. 15,750 yen
- Naver Matome Getting Site-wide Google AdSense Suspension Notice By Hosting Copyrighted Contents – in the end they gave up Google ads. jeopardy for their business model
- Goldman Sachs predicting iPhone 5 may not been shipped by Softbank – not known iPhone “5” but 4S was not taken up from Softbank
- KDDI Develops Smartphone Audible Even When Wearing Headphone
- Amazon Japan To Open Customer Call Center In Sendai, earthquake affected area. potentially 1,000 jobs in future in disastrous Tohoku area
- KLab’s First Day On TSE Mothers Raises 2.3 Times High
- Yelp Is Hiring Japanese Product Manager
- Former Sony CEO Nobuyuki Idei Becomes Lenovo’s External Board Member
- Post-paid E-Money iD Rewards Kaitou Royal Special Item For User
- Sharp Goodby To CCC, Japanese Blockbuster. Galapagos E-bookstore Solely Owned By Sharp Now
- Yahoo! Kukuru Starts – Clone Of Naver Matome?
- DeNA Releases Kaitou Royal And Nouen Hokkorina Apps For iOS
- Flickr’s New Android App Is Not Available For Japan
- France Telecom To Sell Sharp’s 3D Android
- Osaka-based Ningen Inc. introduces a kinect app that allows girls to get bigger breasts with the augmented reality technology (AR).
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.