Continued from (Part 2). Last part of May news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- 80’s Videogame Hero Master Takahashi(Takahashi Meijin) Quits Hudson. On June 1st, it turned out that his next work is for game info videostream company Gacha Communications
photo © 2009 Takahiro Ishihara | more info (via: Wylio)
There was even a Hudson’s NES game featuring Master Takahashi. The photo above is a poster to promote cellphone game of Master Takahashi in 2009.
- Yahoo! Japan’s paid movie service Yahoo! GyaO! Store Supports Macintosh By Changing To Silverlight
- Tokyo’s social marketing co JXPress fundraises from Cyber Agent Ventures and Netage to develop a web-based intel-assist tool. http://vingow.com
- Social Food Photo Service SnapDish. Bilingual(English/Japanese) app for iPhone
- Microsoft’s Manga Cloud Girl Starts. we covered the episode 0
- JR East To Support Mobile Suica On Androids. [pdf] Touchless train ride for more devices
- Yahoo! Japan User Claiming Their Yahoo! ID Leak Caused Spammer’s Log-in From Amazon AWS, Might Be By Facebook’s Invite-by-Yahoo! Mail.
- First Arrest By Uploading Movie To Nico Nico Douga
- Ketsudan Potaufe, a web unit sending a girl to events for her Ustream report, ceases its operation due to a libel scandal against private individual.
- Social network platform Mixi and interactive content production Bascule launch a joint venture.
- Asiajin article “Pure CSS Browser Game” article is on Hacker News. It’s not a blogspam! Without our translation, it had not been noticed for a month by English speaking people. 🙁
- Digital Garage Allied With LinkedIn For Japanese Localization. …again
- Adidas Japan’s Careless Twitter User Left The Company, Tokyo Sports Reports. This first-year employee woman had ditched a company sponsoring soccer player and his girlfriend. Angry 2-channelers uploaded a copy of land registration of her parent’s home.
- Infinity Ventures Summit 2011 Spring, May 26-27, Sapporo #IVS
- A cast of the upcoming Japanese TV drama, @yamamototaro0, is canceled because of his anti-nuclear appeals. at least he claims so
- Rakuten CEO Tweets A Possible Walk-out From Keidanren
- Panasonic Releases iPad App Just To Touch Prime Numbers via AppBank
- Book Xylophone by Meiwa Denki
- Rocketboom Featuring Hatsune Miku/Vocaloid [En]
- Dummy Company Used On Recruit Pompare To Make Coupon Look Inexpensive. A company selling at Groupon has cloned Rakuten shop, where all prices are over 200% than the original Rakuten shop.
- Muji’s “Filter By Size” Products Search via Hatena Bookmark News
- Anonymous Social Network Facevip To Enjoy Virtual-Only Friendship. from release
- May 30th Is 2-Channel 12th Anniversary
- First Blog Queen Kaori Manabe Opens New Blog. she has been troubled with her former agency.
- Livedoor And J-Listing Starts Shouriba, Displaying Your Tweets On Influential Blogs via release
- research: Rakuten Named One Of The Least Preferred Companies To Work By Graduating Students. maybe because of their making English as an official language?
- Mixi Introduces Social Banner
- Colopl Affiliated Stores To Gather At Department Store In Tokyo
- MyPolicy – Send Your Social Media Opinions To Politicians By Fax. by Fax!!! via Cnet Japan
- 36.8% Of Japanese Internet Users Use Real Name On Social Network – Goo Research. sample:1082
- Dropbox + Softbank + Sony Ericsson [En] pre-install partnership
- Yahoo! Japan To Renovate Matchmaking Service As Yahoo! Omiai In July
- Softbank Mobile CTO Mistakenly Tweets Interoperable-SMS Service-in Date Publicly – next June 1st all cellphone companies announced that will be July 13th.
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
The following two tabs change content below.