Early part of January news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
The year 2011 began with Groupon osechi trouble in Japanese web. New year holidays is the period when there are least news in Japan, and it helped that osechi story lasted for a whole week. There are some follow-up news below.
- A 2-channeler scavenged the bashed osechi shop and showed the cost of the foods – it is not confirmed to be real or fake.
- The führer gets mad at the poor osechi quality
- Osechi Flash Game
- The Osechi Troublemaker Bird Cafe Featured On Fuji TV Evening News As A Top News
- Poor Osechi Issue Mentioned By A Minister
- After the resignation, the new president of the osechi maker will be the father of the president
- The Project Cartoon – Osechi Version – the original [En]
- Yokohama City Investigates Groupon Osechi Maker
Another topic is that my(Akky’s) comment was on current Facebook Japan situation story on New York Times on 10th, with a link to Asiajin, which is great.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- A High School Student Swamped And Dead By High Waves Uploaded On YouTube
- Google Translate: “Fanzine Author”[J] -> “Hentai Artists”[En]
- Used Motorbike Remarketer Baiku-oh (King of Motorbike) Accused By Making Fake Comparison Sites Where All Other Competitors Do Not Exist
- Cerevo CEO Goes Wandering And Livestreams With His Ustream Camera On Helmet At CES
- Movie Sharing Site SayMove! Sold To FC2 – announcement on a blog
- Like! – Twitter Give-away Service
- A Big Perfume (A Japanese Pop Group) Fan From Canada [En] via Zaeega
- Yahoo! Japan Adds Mixi Check Button On Yahoo! News
- Web Brand Index Ranking 2010/4Q – Yahoo! Japan Tops, Rakuten Follows
- Echofon Acquired By PostUp – Core of Ecofon team are Japanese living in California
- Yahoo! Mobage Passes 2 Million Users
- Nippon TV And DeNA To Release TV Related Game On Mobage Town
- 2-channel Editors’ Password Leaked, 2-channel Boards Management Anarchy
- New Tweet Record On The New Year Day [En]
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Venture Capital Goes Another Asian Countries, First As A Japanese Insurance Company Group
- Pixiv President Tweets About International Version Of Pixiv Development
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.