Early part of December news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
We introduced Disqus commenting system on Asiajin, and hoping to have more conversations with you now.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Twitter Eating Record Service Eatwit
- ex-Livedoor CEO Takafumi Horie’s Paid Newsletter Subscribers Passed 10,000 – 840 yen/month so it is a quite profitable business now.
- FarmVille For Mixi On TechCrunch [En]
- Tabelog Pays T-Points (Inter-company loyalty rewards point) To Restaurant Reviewers
- A thief (under arrest) had an eye for targets by Google StreetVIew.
- Net Buzzword Awards 2010 Grand Prix
- Groupon Clone Minarari Company Solad Gets 50 Million Yen From Japan Asia Investment
- 1 Million Yen New Year Lucky Bag Comes With Wii And 408 Ever-Released Games
- Japan Fair Trade Commission To Announce Google-Yahoo! Japan Search Alliance Has No Problem, Nikkei Reports , Reuters [En]
- LovePlus Cellphone Charger
- Tsukemimi Camera – iPhona Camera App To Compose Animal Ears On Any Face
- New Year Greeting Card Exchange With Celebrities And Anime Characters – Only for 400 yen!?
- DMM Begins Coupon Service via MyCom
- SugarSync Releases Japanese Version, Site, Android And Yen Payment via Cnet Japan
- Funny question on Hatsugen Komachi: “Recently I see ordinary people writing blogs. Why do they do blogging like celebrities?”
- Gree Releases Android App – Docomo/KDDI au Users Can Now Register Gree From Smartphone
- Greater Tokyo Map 1880-1886
- Microsoft announces Innovation Award results.
- Yahoo! Japan’s Search Engine All Switched To Google’s Confirmeed By Y!J President Inoue
- DeNA And CyberAgent Ventures Cowork To Assist Asian Social Game Developers
- Japan Maritime Self Defence Force Releases Salute Trainer iPhone App – app site via @noma. WSJ covered [En]
- Jimmy Wales Photoshopped By Japanese – Jimmy Wales Twitter Bot (in Japanese)
- Interesting interview with Mixi CEO Kasahara – He says there were some kind of light talks of an acquisition of Mixi by Facebook with Facebook execs 2 years ago.
- iPhone/iPad Apps Awards 2010 Event
- Tech Side Of The”Facebook” Movie’s Japanese Translation Is Checked By Shintaro Yamada, Zynga Japan GM
- Dragonball Author’s Home Identified By 2-channeler, Publisher Confirmed It By Requesting Deletion (to 2-chan, instead of Google)
- 2010 New/Buzz Word Awards
- Nikkei Digital Version Paid Subscriber Is Over 90,000
- Gree To Gain More “Share” Button On Rakuten Services. Mixi’s buttons are already there.
- Tokyu CATV Enters Local Coupon Service
- Softbank Mobile Is Unreachable At Web Exectives Event IVS
- Tonchidot’s PR lady visited Layar Office, reports they have characters from Dennou Coil – Dennou Coil is good anime to think near-future technology. photo via @Chihokomoriya
- Gree Platform for smartphone Begins [pdf]
- Petting Virtual Boyfriend Mobile Game Karepet Passed 300,000 Users – The game (only accessible from Japanese feature phone) is free for three major carriers. 100 million page views per month
- Zynga Japan now has 56 employees
- Cupmen for Cupmen – stopper for your instant noodle. pun of “men” and men(“noodle” in Japanese)
- Mixi Begins Iine(I like it) button
- Naver’s N-drive enhancement
- Number Of Flash Coupon Services Is Over 130 In Japan – One of them Luxa researched
- HAtsune Miku Live Party
- Cloud service company Nekojarashi (foxtail) allocated new shares to SBI investment for 60 million yen.
- Twitter Seeking Asian Language Search Engineer – Twitter’s Japanese search has been horrible.
- HootSuite Japan Testing Feature Phone Version – private beta, and very limited target = Softbank Mobile non-smartphone users
- Nico Nico Douga Access Banned From China
- NHK Tests To Show Animation With Twitter Feedbacks Side-by-side – It’s TV Niconico-nization
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
The following two tabs change content below.