This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Amazon Japan To Sell Data SIM For Tablet, First As A Foreign Company – The scoop by Nikkei. Japan Communication Denies Nikkei’s Story That Amazon Japan To Resell Their Data SIM. Many reports in English including The Verge [En], Japan Mobile Tech [En], VentureBeat [En], etc. Later it turned out that it is just Japan Communications Inc. selling its limited version SIM only on Amazon Japan. Nikkei’s original post seemed to be removed.
- Noel Gallagher’s comments on a Japanese TV his appearing misleadingly translated and flamed – Anti AKB48 people liked this mistranslations.
- Soial Game Research: More Users Around 40 years old Paying Virtual Items in Japan (n=38,000)
- Stema(Stealth Marketing) Book Published
- Dutch Baseball Player Cautioned By Tweeting During A Game
- Yodobashi Camera Expands Free Same-Day Delivery, Covering Half Of Population
- Mixi Girl And Facebook Girl. and Twitter Girl someone added
- Drug Dealing 2-channel Users Arrested, NHK reports
- Panasonic’s Bath TV Is Now Android-based
- Twitter-originated iPhone Cat Accessory Updated
- Plathome Online Mall To Run IPv6 Discount Campaign. If you access by IPv6, you get 6% discount.
- German Flag Colored Restaurant “German-flavor German-bower Deutsche-house” – Japanese has notation issues on some foreign words.
- Edy Changed To Rakuten Edy
- False Rumor “Facebook To Use Your Name/Photo For Ads” Circulated In Japanese – it involved many bloggers, reproduced what happened in English in 2009 and in 2011, as Takanori Tamura points out
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.