This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Daily Photo Recording App My365 Downloaded 100,000 Times In 10 Days After Launch
- Tim Bray Visited Bar Android, Tried Some Android Apps By Japanese Authors [En] Android’s Chief Andy Rubin visited there in June
- Nikkei BP Reporting Rakuten And Baidu’s Affiliation Over Chinese Mall Is Under Talk To Dissolve
- Sakura Internet Ishikari(Hokkaido) Data Center Photos
- Twitter Icon Play On Favster – the original (need favster login to see)
- Hatena Starts Hatena Blog Beta Test – Another Blog Service From Geeks’ Nest Hatena Diary. currently invitation only. Akky’s test blog
- Snack Porn Comic (Coterie Magazine) – NSFW???
- Ascii Art _(:3」∠)_ drawn (1), (2)
- Digital Garage Announced To Help Memolane’s Japanese Localization with Memolane CEO visiting Tokyo
- Sakura Cloud Price Announced – Aiming Half Price Of Amazon. official release
- Pioneer unveils Zypr, a free Siri-like platform that can tell your web apps what to do | VentureBeat [En]
- Naver Japan’s Smartphone Messenger App “Line” Passes 5 Million Downloads
- Karaage Boys Love – Gay-themed Fried Chicken Take-away Shop Opens In Nagoya
- Octopus Themed Power Sockets Tacotap
- 2-channelers Playing On H&M’s Cloths-Cordinate Site
- Many Japanese Twitter Users Notes “If Unfollow me, Block Me Instead” – people who believes follow must be mutual
- Nico Nico Seiga (=non-moving picture) Starts E-Book Section – at the launch event, Kadokawa Chairman Told They Have Been Talking With Amazon On e-Books For A Year
- Rakuten to Acquire Kobo, Canadian e-Book Plat-former [En], PaidContent.org [En]
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government To Make A Database Of All Residential Buildings
- Newly Established Safe Nuclear Ministry Spending 140 Million Yen For Making Website, Opponent Party Points Out
- Evernote Begins To Accept Japanese Yen Payment
- All printing services at convenience store compared
- 2-channel Collage Meme Shouei Appears On Official Final Fantasy Collage Contest
- PlayStation Suite Closed Beta Application Begins via NikkeiBP
- Nico Nico Live User Broadcast Copying Money, Many Watchers Called Ministry Of Finance
- Nexon’s IPO Officially Announced, The Date Is December 14
- Suica’s Character Penguin Cake At Tokyo Hotel – Japanese wireless communication service celebrates 10’th anniversary.
- Twitter Japan Shows The Popular Hashtag Ranking Of This Summer
- GREE to Establish a Subsidiary in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) [En]
- MIC Cautions Google Around Google Maps Privacy Issue
- KDDI’s au one Gree passes 10 million users
- An Online Game On Hangame Troubled With Data Lost, Announced And Withdrew Termination
- Lolipop Hosting Service Celebrates 10 Years Anniversary With Grandpas
- Sony PS Suite News Covered On Engadget [En]
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.