(From Part 1) Second of August news which we did not write as a dedicated article. (Continued to Part 3)
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Retired Lawmaker, Popular Twitter User 81-years-old Koichi Hamada Arrested by breach-of-trust. He(@555hamako) has not tweeted much few days before the arrest. Probably the first arrested Japanese Twitter user having massive number of followers
- funny photo: Japanese word tatoo which means “tatoo”
- Toshiba Develops Security-Aware Harddisk Voided By Power-Off
- Moe Buddism Temple In Hachioji Releases Moe Theme Song CD
- Chilled Panty Flying Off The Akihabara Adult Shop Shelves
- Fan Made Failing Mixi by seeing troubles
- CyberAgent CEO Says His Ameba Traffic Was Historic High When Mixi Was Down
- Mixi Stock Was Down 3% on the site down day
- Android Exercise App With Virtual Girl – demo movie via Akiba Keizai Shimbun
- Smoke Generating iPod Stopped Tokyo Train. The train delayed for… only 8 minutes. only becomes news in Japan. Bogusnews, The Japanese Onion, Reported That Apple Announced It Was By Wrong Way To Hold iPod, Reuter reported [En]
- KoreanCrunch reports Korean President Begins Twitter – refers Asiajin’s ex-PM Hatoyama Twitter story
- Radio Simulcast Over Internet Experience Radiko Extended For Another 3 Months
- Korean Groupon Clone TicketMonster Sells Up 8 Million Yen In A Day [Kr]
- Softbank’s iBookstore Substitution Viewn Reopens Officially, still only from WiFi [pdf]
- North Korea starts Twitter, but ignored by everyone. @uriminzok
- Mixi Alumni Users Passed 5 million Users
- “Puroguramin” – Japan Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology To Open Educational Programing Webspace For Kids
- Opt And Overtex Restarts Tsuado, Instream Tweet Ads via Mariezine – Tsuado says that they modified their pay-per-tweet compliant with Twitter API policy
- Noritetsu Plus – iPhone App To Record Which Railway You Ever Ride In Japan
- CyberAgent CEO Explains His View And Plan For Their Oversea Business via @suadd
- Seven Eleven To Finally Support Suica. Now all major convenience stores support Suica and its siblings. e-Money defacto wars could end by this.
- Panasonic To Run iPhone AR T-Shirts Promotion For Their 3D TV via kotoripiyopiyo’s paid article
- US Mobile Gaming Market Expected $800 Million In 2010, whilst Japanese Social Gaming Market Expected $874 Million In 2010. Japan’s stats only includes big 3 social networks
- Sony Walkman Takes The Top From iPod For 2 Weeks – Is this temporary?
- A-list blogger Investor Kirikomi Taicho Express His Doubts On Celartem(Hercules Market listed)’s Oversea Business In China Existence. Facta follows
- Mext’s Puroguramin Released – Programming Study Web Language/Platform For Kids
- Feudal Samurai Restaurant Bar Opens In Shinjyuku via Shinjyuku Keizai Shimbun
- METI Issued A Proposal To Government To Cultivate 40 Trillion Cloud Market By 2020
- Mobage-Town Requests Third Party Not To Make Game On Gree. Gree CEO expressed unpreseant feeling over DeNA by referring it
- Hikari Tsushin And SBI Begins Groupon Clone Shareee.jp
- Mobile Groupon-Clone Ticketomo Renounced Before Open. on Twitter. maybe the first one given up among Japanese clones
- Million-Users Geolocation Service Colopl Releases Android Version. In addition to feature phones and iPhone. via K-tai Watch
- Mixi PR Says “We Cannot Talk Mixi Geolocation Feature Before Planned Announcement 2 Weeks Later”
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
The following two tabs change content below.