NHK reported that Japanese e-commerce giant Rakuten, who owns a professional baseball team Tohoku Rakuten Goleden Eagles in the top leagues, purchased the naming right of the home stadium in Sendai, Miyagi prefecture.
The Miyagi Stadium, which name has been Kleenex Stadium Miyagi, will be changed to Rakuten Kobo Stadium. It must be a move for Rakuten to promote its underdog e-book platform Kobo against its rival Amazon Kindle.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016