Gree Inc. [J] has released Ranking★TV [J], an application for iOS which recommends popular TV programs before being broadcast, based on a ranking system. It uses Toshiba’s REGZA cloud service “TimeOn,” and download is free.
“Ranking TV” is an app which is based on statistical data from Toshiba compatible TVs, BD and DVD recorders all over Japan. It then distributes TV shows which viewers want to see with its ranking system using this data and user actions within the app itself. Until now program rankings were based on viewer ratings, but this is the first time to try out offering rankings using data from video recording devices.
Users check rankings daily, and when they push the “Want to watch!” button, the scheduled time is logged into the iPhone’s calendar, sending a notice before it begins. It’s also possible to share programs you want to watch with friends on Facebook, Twitter, or the SNS “GREE.” Furthermore it’s possible to customize the ranking to your preference by setting an order to your preferred genres with the “picky setting.”
© GREE, Inc.
Translation authorized by VSMedia
Latest posts by Chiho Komoriya (see all)
- Ranking★TV By GREE Recommends Popular TV Shows - September 13, 2013
- AR App “coloRail” Brings Location Based Gaming To The Sapporo Subway - September 6, 2013
- “App Girlfriend” Traning Battle Communication Game Released, Features Augmented Reality - September 3, 2013
- Limited Edition LINE Character Models By BE@RBRICK On Sale - August 27, 2013
- CyberAgent And SNS Set Up New Company “7gogo,” Develop Public Group Talk App For Famous People - August 25, 2013