This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Tohoku Websites For Foreign Travellers Are Lots Of Machine-Translated Mistakes – There were no budget for translations so that some company voluntarily worked on it with machine translation without human check.
- Twitter’s #FlywithTwitter Event Report, Q&A Session With Twitter CEO Dick Costolo, He Mentioned Castle In The Sky Twitter Fever, Dick Costolo Tokyo Speech on Japan Times [En]
- Tokyo Metro Employee Stalks A Lady Via Pasmo E-Card, also uploaded her transfer history on 2-channel. He was fired. Pasmo security trouble I wrote on The Japan Times, though this stalker is an employee and employees are still possible to browse anyone’s history.
- Zaku Tofu, Tofu Package Themed By Enemy Robots From Popular Animation Gundam [En]
I saw this tofu sold at a suparmarket in my town.
- Social Game Provider Klab Establishes US Branch In San Francisco
- Asahi Reports Amazon Japan Gets 40 Publishers From Middle-to-Small, soon later 2 Of 3 Mid-sized Publishers Scooped By Asahi Denied, The Other Says No Comment
- 100face – iPhone App To Change Your Face Photo Into Art
- KDDI’s Concept Smartphone Comes With An Analog Clock
- Naver Japan’s VoIP App LINE Passes 30 Million Downloads, 13 Million in Japan.
- D2C Mobile Usage Research – Smartphone User Reaches 1/4 in Japan
- Nike Free Face Campaign [En]
- A Man Scribbled Porn Site URL Over 500 Public Toilets Arrested – He earned some money from affiliate programs. He was planning to do that at 2,600 WC in 36 prefectures.
- Swedish Facebook Giftcard Service Wrapp To Start Japanese Localization [En]
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015
- Lost articles - October 15, 2015
- Rakuten Purchases The Name Of Miyagi Baseball Stadium For Kobo - December 14, 2013
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013