The iPhone 4S is coming to Japan: both SoftBank Mobile and new provider KDDI au, the No. 3 and 2 mobile carriers in this country, will start accepting pre-orders from Friday October 7, as shown on Apple Japan’s website.
The iPhone 4S will then become available exactly one week later, on October 14 (as in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and the UK).
According to Japanese business daily The Nikkei, KDDI will offer the phone in 1,200 locations all over the country, including electronics retailers. The company plans to boost this number to 5,000 as early as at the end of next month.
Just like SoftBank, KDDI will offer the iPhone 4S only in brick-and-mortar stores, not online.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012