According to Mainichi [J], Rakuten CEO Hiroshi Mikitani reportedly told that they will open their e-mall business either or both of UK and Germany this year.
Rakuten is planning to move into 4 new countries by the end of 2011, UK and Germany are big markets that they are interested in Europe. Indonesia will come soon in March jointly with a local media group.
He also answered how the project to switch company official language from Japanese to English is going. He feels that it will be done within 5 years.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM