Softbank Mobile announced today to release 1-seg digital TV tuner device for iPhone in the middle of December. The 80-gram device provides the feature of TV over WiFi (converting TV signal received to IP-based data for iPhone) and doubles as a battery extender. Three hours continuous TV viewing is available. Price is not announced so far.
Compared to other celphone models models in Japanese market, it is said that iPhone has three faults of short battery lifetime, no 1-seg TV feature and no Emoji. As reported previously here on Asiajin, Apple unveiled iPhone firmware 2.2 includes a new feature supporting Emoji icons. Softbank Mobile CEO, Masayoshi Son confidently said, “the so called three complainments especially for Japanese iPhone users are perfectly solved, with this brandnew device and next firmware update.”
Additionally, Softbank Mobile opens in November its associate company’s operating WiFi service “BB Mobile Point” to iPhone subscribers, which means all the iPhone subscribers can use WiFi connection at 3,500 locations nationwide for a free of charge.
The device receives 1-seg signal from TV station, convert and re-transmit it to iPhone over WiFi.
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM