On the twitter Japanese localization news, newly-opened Twitter Japan development blog explains what items are on their task list on localization process.
In their current plan,
- They are making Japanese version on top of current (running) system.
- Japanese users and world users belong to the same account space.
- They do NOT make another Japanese version of twitter only with newcoming Japanese users.
- There are NO filtered public timeline only with Japanese messages/users. Japanese users will see English messages, vise versa.
- Both Japanese and original users/messages/following/followers/favorites are shown in mixed
- Menu/Help/etc. will be translated. Translated Japanese will be available triggered by menu, or by accessing different URL
Also, they mentioned cellular phone browser improvement plan in other entry.
As far as I read them, what they are planning is only adding text localization feature to the original twitter, which should not be a lot of work, since Twitter is made by Ruby on Rails and Rails has built-in localization support. It is possible that continuous performance tuning on Twitter may remove the localization related codes and recovering them more difficult though.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM